About All Aboard Minnesota
Meeting needs now and into the future
For several decades now, Minnesota has focused on funding roads, bridges and airways as our main mobility and transportation options. These modes of travel will no longer meet the needs for all Minnesotans. More passenger rail options will provide true mobility options for Minnesotans that either cannot or prefer not to drive or fly. Groups such as millenials, families with children, college students, the elderly, and disabled have voiced strong support, amongst the general population, for more passenger rail service. It's time to make this happen!
All Aboard Minnesota is dedicated to the development of fast, comfortable, frequent intercity passenger train services within and beyond Minnesota.
Here is a short video that summarizes who we are, what we believe, our philosophy, and our mission; click here: https://youtu.be/i0kH05um-mw
What we believe
- Modern passenger trains are vital to our state and regions economic future; states that have invested in passenger rail have seen true economic benefits.
- Trains provide superior passenger comfort and convenience.
- Trains are more fuel-efficient and have a more limited environmental footprint than cars or airplanes.
- Decades of public investment and hidden subsidies for road and air transportation have created a transportation system which is now unbalanced and unsustainable, and no longer provides the true mobility we need now and into the future.
- Given a real choice of fast, frequent trains to multiple destinations, Minnesotans would embrace rail travel. This has already happened in Illinois and Michigan. Illinois recently doubled train frequency between Chicago and St. Louis at 79 mph and saw the trains fill up overnight. Michigan recently purchased the railroad along the Chicago-Detroit route and is rebuilding it to 110 mph speeds. Illinois is doing the same between Chicago and St. Louis. Minnesota can do this too!
- A basic network of modern trains along the lines of our proposed route map ( see our map, click the link below ) would perform a vital transportation function, generate ridership and provide Minnesotans with a genuine transportation alternative.
- All Aboard Minnesota proposed route map:AAMN Route Map
Not for profit
All Aboard Minnesota is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization.